Twitter proves to be a very strong social platform for you to advertise your business and brand. Nearly 50% of Twitter users follow brands (Source: Marketing Pilgrim). This proves to be a great advantage for your company because tweets are short and sweet and only 140 characters. Additionally, tools like hashtags (#) and replies (@) give your followers an easy way to connect to you.
Easy connections mean a lot of great things for your business. Your customers will feel like they can reach you easily and they can leave you feedback quickly without much personal interaction. Of course, this also means they can leave you negative feedback just as easily as they can leave you positive feedback. So what should you do? How do you handle all these tweets? Read this explanation from Twitter:
First and foremost, you need to be actively managing your twitter feed, and we don’t just mean sending out tweets on a regular basis. You should be monitoring WHO is following you, and keeping a close eye on any replies and hashtags that involve your business. Twitter provides simple tools for you to use, such as getting email notifications of mentions (@), and there are a number of other programs that can help you manage all of this information all in one place.
Hopefully, this information has helped you to understand the twitterverse a little better!
Check out our Twitter: http://twitter.com/pinpointlocal or @PinPointLocal
· Vertical Exclusivity - PinPoint Local will not work with any competitors in your industry.
· Manual Updates - We claim all listings by hand, we do not use bulk uploads.
· Communication - We conduct weekly calls with you to discuss results and challenges. In addition we have monthly calls with all Franchisees.
· Duplicate Deletions – During the claiming process we delete all duplicate listings.
· Ranking Reports – Each month we provide ranking reports to the Franchisees as well as to corporate.
· Google Guidelines – We strictly follow Google Places Guidelines, eliminating the chances of account suspension.
· Monthly Updating – We make monthly changes and updates to your listings, to keep the content fresh and active.
· Review Management – Assist Franchisees with review building and responses to negative reviews.
· New Features – Additionally, we now include Facebook , Twitter, and Google+ for business to the list of data sources we update.
Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are growing rapidly in popularity and size, and in most cases, Social Media reigns supreme. 60% of online consumers actively use Social Media sites (Source: HubSpot) . It is becoming increasingly important for businesses to have a strong presence on social media websites. So the question often arises, why do I still need a website? Perhaps a short pop quiz will help answer that question for you.
Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response:
I just saw an ad for this company, and I want to know more about it, I better go _______ it!
The correct answer is of course, C. The truth is that people still search Google (and Yahoo or Bing) for information. Recent surveys show that of the nearly 50% of people who use the internet to research information about businesses, 36% of them use a search engine to find information, while a mere 1% use social media. (Source: Pew Internet & American Life) What’s the bottom line? If you want to get found online, you still need to show up in Search Rankings. You can’t rely on one or two social media page search results to get you traffic. Don’t forget, while these sites are easy to use, they also take away your control of how visitors see information, how much information they can get, and where they go to get it. Having a company website shows your customer that you have stability, and that you are a solid company to invest in. Social Pages are free and you can delete and create hundreds of them in a day. Social Search is growing, but search engines and websites are still the go-to place for consumers to obtain your business information.
After 1 year of testing, PinPoint is ready to take the wraps off of our Business Data Deletion program. Franchisers and multi-location business operators, no longer have to accept terminated franchise profiles across the web. We have perfected a solution that will delete profiles across Google, Bing, Citysearch, Yellowpages and more then 50 search engines, online yellow pages and directories. Contact us for references and success stories.